Life can be challenging at times, we can become overwhelmed, encounter issues in our family life, the loss of someone or even something that is important to us. We hold high expectations for ourselves and what we picture for our future and with unexpected challenges it can be hard to bounce back and move forward through the difficult times.
Finding tools, and support to aid you in mentally and physically can be challenging. With Individual counseling we work in a collaborative partnership involving meeting in person (or virtually) in a safe and confidential environment with a goal of discussing and resolving the challenges you may be experiencing.
Common challenges that people may be facing and why they may decide to do individual counseling may include but are not limited to:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences;
- Stress Management:
- Low Self Esteem;
- Relationship Issues, etc.
Counseling can help by:
Providing a safe and confidential space this allows for an open discussion and assist in problem solving, with expertise in supporting a variety of different challenges and barriers. By exploring thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
We can help in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- Empathetic and supportive listening;
- Identifying your challenges and triggers;
- Evaluating existing coping strategies;
- Problem solving;
- Growing your self-confidence and self-esteem;
- Rebuilding your relationship;
- Encourage you to embrace positive changes.